Let’s be real, between the chaos of all the wedding plans and trying to enjoy a little bit of the wedding festivities your mind might just want a break. As a wedding photographer, We can understand how stressful it would be to make sure you remember everything for both your wedding day and honeymoon! Lists have always been a tool that has helped us remember everything we need to while traveling and or shooting a wedding.
We created a list of important things to make sure that you remember while packing for your wedding day. As a wedding photographer, these are the most common things forgotten. We would recommend that you have all of these items below on hand. There have been plenty of times where a button pops off on a groomsmen suit or a bridesmaids dress won’t stay up and you need double-sided tape or a sewing kit. It is always better to be safe than sorry in our book!
Wedding Day Must-Haves
- Marriage License
- Paper & Pen – to write a letter to spouse-to-be.
- Toothbrush + Toothpaste
- Face Powder
- Make-Up Remover
- Getting Ready Outfit
- Cell Phone Charger + Phone
- Umbrellas and rain plan (just in case!)
- Cash for vendor tips (if applicable)
- Phone numbers of all your vendors
- Heel covers while on grass for the wedding party
- All your Bridal Details – neatly packed.
In Case of an Emergency
- Sewing Kit (Thread needle scissors)
- Safety Pins
- Double-Sided Tape (for dress issues!)
- Band-Aid + Blister Band-Aid
- First Aid Kit
Wedding Night & Day After Wedding Must-Haves
- Shampoo & Conditioner (hotel products might not get all of that hairspray out!)
- Snacks for late at night!
- Face Wash
- Hair Brush
- Dress Garment Bag
- Clothes for the day after the wedding
- Camera for brunch day after
- Comfy shoes for the day after
We hope that this list will help ease your mind and make packing for your wedding day and honeymoon more fun! If you forget something on the list above, no stress, I am sure your wedding planner/coordinator or other vendors like myself will have emergency kits on hand for you to use! If you are looking for more client resources to help with your wedding planning, check out the links below!